Friday 27 March 2020

Last time


Last Time                                              

Everything had ended! The last time we cross paths,

As she gazed her eyes towards me; yearning in her eyes said it all,
I was still. Smile on my face.

Promised her last time; the last words I said, I reminisce?
Eyes don’t lie, silence make you understand.

Smile on my face; were the signs of change. I wondered?
But she said, last time.

Was change everlasting?
She whispered to her.

Was this the loves highness?
I wondered!           

Can she feel the pain; I wondered?
I smiled, she got it all.

Once she said; can read beloveds expression,
Will she; I thought to myself?

Was I changed person, I whispered to myself!
Or was this the promise; the last words I said.

Tears in her eyes were about to fall; as we peer into each other’s eyes,
I was smiling, she was silent.

Meet came to an end,
I was smiling, she was silent.

So one last good bye
Last words she said…

Turn and gazed my eyes into her,
Tears wee nearer to her eye lashes, she moved.

Bowed her head and played with tassels,
I moved slowly; she fixed her eyes under her scarf.

I saw again the yearning in her eyes.

Last time we met,
Before that we ended.



No comments:

Post a Comment